Hey from Denmark! Also, basil help?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Denmark has unusually mild winters now so it would be 10b
Country
Denmark
Hey, I am Tina and I was looking for such a forum as I am new to growing plants :)
I am currently a student and live in a student dorm so unfortunately do not have a lot of space for more plants,
but I have a big window that gets a nice amount of sun (when it finally gets sunny here :LOL:).
Originally I am from Croatia but moved for my studies.

I also have a question about my ocimum basilikum, it was totally fine yesterday, got good amount of sun (my window gets sun from around 15h up to 20h).
and today when I looked at it it was all droopy, while the other basil I have piccolino is alright. I made sure
it does not go dry and not to overwater it. Any ideas?
20200505_132608.jpg
20200505_132617.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
Not enough drainage, the soil is staying too wet too long.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
Denmark
Thank you both :)
Not enough drainage, the soil is staying too wet too long.
It was actually not enough water, it recovered as soon as I watered it more and the soil drains very well actually :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Its hard to tell if the soil is too wet or too dry from here, and that's your job, not mine. Here are some indoor basil I have growing at the moment. Three are Genovese basil and the 3rd photo is a new start of Sweet basil. Since basil roots so easy, I pick the tops off and stick them in water and eat the rest. They are one of the fastest plants you can root and keep growing. I grow basil indoors under lights from seed and cuttings and grow them till they go to seed.
The common watering problems most people have are over-watering out of kindness to help the plant. Indoor herbs most especially get over watered a lot.

Attachments

• IMG_1718.JPG
    IMG_1718.JPG
    143.2 KB · Views: 102
  • IMG_1719.JPG
    IMG_1719.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1720.JPG
    IMG_1720.JPG
    142.8 KB · Views: 101
  • IMG_1721.JPG
    IMG_1721.JPG
    198.7 KB · Views: 110
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
Denmark
Its hard to tell if the soil is too wet or too dry from here, and that's your job, not mine. Here are some indoor basil I have growing at the moment. Three are Genovese basil and the 3rd photo is a new start of Sweet basil. Since basil roots so easy, I pick the tops off and stick them in water and eat the rest. They are one of the fastest plants you can root and keep growing. I grow basil indoors under lights from seed and cuttings and grow them till they go to seed.
The common watering problems most people have are over-watering out of kindness to help the plant. Indoor herbs most especially get over watered a lot.
Hey yours look great :) I am sorry, but I did not say it is your job to know it or not. I was only looking for experience and advice from others. Then, after I searched more and 2 days have passed saw that my basil actually lacked water since it recovered when I gave it a bit more than I would usually, and posted pictures to compare how it is now greener and standing up again. I tested the soil and saw that the drainage was good and not clogged. So in conclusion, I will be more observant since this is my first time growing herbs, and I will probably post ridiculous questions to some in order to gain experience and information for my journal I want to keep, that's it :)

Reaction score
Country
United States
Thank you very much and you are welcome to post as much as you like about any and all garden subjects.

Ask a Question