Hey everyone

Jamie Calloway

Fruitalicious
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Hey yall, New member from Georgia, my name is Jamie Calloway and I am starting my first small fruit tree orchard and vegetable garden this year. I have never done anything like this but we have recently moved out of the city and got a little parcel of land. I could sure use some suggestions and tips from the professionals any help would be greatly appreciated.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Welcome Jamie! We aren't necessarily "professionals", just happy gardeners willing to share our experience and suggestions.
What fruit trees are you planting, and what vegetables do you plan to grow?

Jamie Calloway

Fruitalicious
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Well right now I have 4 peach trees and 2 apple. I also have some BlackBerry bushes and blueberry bushes. When I moved into my house this past April I noticed what looked like a garden in the very back. My guess is n total it's about an acre big, completely fenced in with a fence about 8 feet tall. I can tell it has been plowed over several times in the past.
So my plan this year is to start just a sliver of it, about 20 yards by 20 yards. I am planning on planting corn, carrots, peppers, tomatoes, spinach, mostly just salad stuff.
I am very excited about hopefully doing some canning and freezing. I don't know I am just excited to see if it will work out. I have been composting and it didn't really come out that well, got water in my plastic tub and I didn't realize it for several days so I am hoping I didn't grow something deadly in there.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hey Jamie, welcome to the forums :).

Sounds like a fun project you've got there :D.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums :)

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum, Jamie! :)

Sounds like you are going to have a busy and (dare I say it? YES!) ... fruitful summer!! ;) :LOL:

Ask a Question