Herbs that go well with salad?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to start a salad wall in my garden, and I was hoping someone could give me some advice as to what herbs would go nicely in it!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Have you got any space to garden in the ground - it would be a much easier way to start...... even pots would be better to start off with if you`re stuck for space.
Chives are useful in lots of stuff, and to start off with you would probably do well to stick with some easy perennial herbs that will keep on going year in and year out.
Sage, Thyme, and all sorts of mint are a good place to start. Your herbs generally will like to be in well drained soil and lots of sunshine - they are not too happy in shade.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
BusyBee, welcome to the forum.
As to herbs in salads: parsley, marjoram, fennel (both the leaves and sliced roots), comfrey, borage, mint for fruit salads and if you like the taste, cilantro (can't stand it, personally).
What salad greens are you planning on having on your wall?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I'd like to start a salad wall in my garden, and I was hoping someone could give me some advice as to what herbs would go nicely in it!
There is a wonderful plant called sheep sorrel that should be included in the herb family if it is not. It tastes like mustard when the leaves are young and tender. If you ate these greens alone, you wouldn't even need a dressing - that's how strong the mustard flavor is. The young leaves are so tasty!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Minced Dill weed (Anethum graveolens) can lend a strong and distinctive piquancy to many green salads.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
My neighbor has some wild plums and peach trees that are blooming like crazy but 23f is coming. What should he do to help them?
Cover with at least 2 layers of Nsulate all the way to the ground. 23F is pretty cold but if it lasts more than 3 or 4 hours there isn't much hope. Sounds like he has the wrong varieties planted, one's with low chill hours.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
Cover with at least 2 layers of Nsulate all the way to the ground. 23F is pretty cold but if it lasts more than 3 or 4 hours there isn't much hope. Sounds like he has the wrong varieties planted, one's with low chill hours.
We have been seeing 80f and sunny so everything has tried to get started.

Ask a Question