Herbs that can improve your health

Reaction score
They are many types of herbs in your garden that can improve your health such as rosemary, basil, cilantro, and spinach.

Rosemary - Has been shown to reduce the risk of cancer by stopping certain gene mutations. It also helps restore blood vessel health, reducing your chances of having a heart attack.

Basil - Is high in flavonoids and vitamins, basil can protect the cells from damage while fighting against bacterial infections.

Cilantro - Helps regulates blood sugar, lower cholesterol, and fight free radicals.

Spinach - High in vitamins A, C, and B. It helps prevent strokes with its high levels of vitamin K.

What other herbs are good to improve your body health? There are so many and you will be surprised they're right there in your backyard or in your garden staying at you... ;)

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Spinach is a good one for fiber and iron. Parsley is a good anti-oxidant nutrients and helps to protect your joints from arthritis.

Reaction score
This is very good information to have and thank you for posting it. I absolutely love basil, but never knew it to have any benefits other than it being a good "green." It may be good for me to get some rosemary in my diet now that I have read that information.

I know that garlic is one of the best things you can eat as well.

Reaction score
This is very good information to have and thank you for posting it. I absolutely love basil, but never knew it to have any benefits other than it being a good "green." It may be good for me to get some rosemary in my diet now that I have read that information.

I know that garlic is one of the best things you can eat as well.
Your so welcome alexiskilgannon!!! Yes, I totally agree. Garlic is one of the best things you can eat. Garlic has always been used in traditional medicines for centuries, garlic not only adds flavor to your cooking but aslo lowers cholesterol and fights infections. ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
This tread is really interesting:) It's always nice to learn something new about herbs:)
Personally, I often drink lemon balm tea. Lemon balm is a really great herb! It helps me relax and fall asleep.

Reaction score
This tread is really interesting:) It's always nice to learn something new about herbs:)
Personally, I often drink lemon balm tea. Lemon balm is a really great herb! It helps me relax and fall asleep.
Chamomile tea is also good for making you relax. It actually calms your nerves and makes you relax and puts you to sleep in no time. I drink this tea all the time and it really works. Like adding lemon and honey in mines to give it that unique taste. ;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Very informative post you've posted ,i have always drank rosemary tea whenever my sinus is draining and it clears my nasal passages in a little or no time. This herb has a lot of benefits.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Garlic is like a cure all!! I cook with garlic a lot and I am convinced this is why my family does not get sick. We consume a lot of garlic and we are all very healthy (knock on wood!).

Reaction score
Cumin and turmeric are very good anti inflammatories! People use them for arthritis, and I used to use it to make my MS symtoms go away!

Alas, my system is now in rebellion regarding spicy foods I even had to stop eating Kung Pao chicken! Oh, well, it was nice while it lasted!

Reaction score
For the last couple of months I've being using garlic to assist in lowering my blood pressure and I must say it has been a very effective remedy.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
For the last couple of months I've being using garlic to assist in lowering my blood pressure and I must say it has been a very effective remedy.
I ate a sandwich with garlic butter when I had a cold and it really helped:) Garlic is great:) But I didn't know it can lower your blood pressure, too. My grandfather will be happy to hear it, he loves garlic.

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Hawthorn is a very important herb since it helps lower high blood pressure.
Oregano contains carvacrol, a molecule that helps in offsetting the spread of cancer cells by working as a natural disinfectant.
One can also use chamomile flower heads for infusions and salves to relieve indigestion and colic.

Ask a Question