Herbicides

Reaction score
Country
Kenya
Do you use herbicides to control herbs? Which unwanted herbs do you have in your garden?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
No, and none.
Well I could do without the creeping charlie I guess, but it's an integral and hardy part of my lawn, and I hand-pull it out of the vegetable beds.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
We use herbicides in our garden. I have to admit that we have a lot of creeping charlies as well. We are constantly weeding by hand to get rid of crab grass as well. My husband installed in inground watering system hoping to keep the lawn lush and green.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6b
Country
United States
I won't use herbicides to control anything in my garden because I have children and a dog. I have mint that are always spreading but I pulled them out where I don't want them to grow! Creeping charlie and creeping myrtle are the other two that high on my list to get rid off.

Reaction score
I don't, I didn't and never will. I'm so afraid to use any kind of chemical around the house (other than soaps and so on), because I know how toxic and bad that kind of things are for both us humans and our pets. I prefer to stay away from those :) I'd prefer to have a yard full of purple heart than use an herbicide on it :p

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I dont like using them because of the environment, but i realize that in some cases they need to be used but as lightly as possible. I do it the old fashioned hard way in my garden, down on my knees pulling grass and weeds and sometimes talk to my maker a little also. have a good day.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
I use white vinegar in a spray bottle on our paths around the gardens and the path to the workshop. I like to weed (easily entertained) but this year the weeds took over with the wet spring we had. By the time I could get into my soggy gardens, the weeds were well established. I am still fighting them.

InvasiveCreeper

Wild Garden and Native Plant Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
We have humans and other animals that come in to contact with our garden so we don't use any of the poisons. Can't afford the hazmat suits either. Better to build soil and cultivate the life in your garden. :)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
13b
Country
Philippines
We have 2 housemaids we utilize for the basic chores in the garden. With the weeds and herbs with no use to us, it is their duty to clean the garden of such at least every 2 weeks. We do not use herbicides, in fact we do not even know what a herbicide is. And I guess using manual method of cleansing the garden of weeds and other unimportant plants is much better, healthier and cleaner.

Ask a Question