herb mix flower pot? what to add?

Reaction score
i have to qualify this by saying i hardly ever barbeque, but it seemed like a neat idea.

i have some big industrial light shades that i've been trying using as flower pot surrounds with lights in them so the pot lights up. an idea from here.

so one is sitting by my grill empty. it just kinda occured to me a pot full of herbs near the grill might be a good way to use it.

edit: hit the wrong button before i was done.

the pot is about 17" high and 15" across. i'm wondering what mix of herbs i can put in it.

i know not mint since it can take over the pot, but since i'm really not much of a cook and/or familiar with fresh seasonings, i'm not sure what to try growing. hopefully things someone might actually pinch off as part of grilling, and things that could grow in the pot together. any ideas? thanks.

Last edited:
Reaction score
truthfully nothing fresh. usually seasoning mixes or dried i get at the grocery. like i said, it's more playing with the idea. i don't know how much i'll use them.

Reaction score
I think its a lovely idea to make use of an old barbeque by filling it with herbs :D

All herbs are incredibly easy to grow and as you haven't grown them before and are not even sure what to grow - was wondering if it might be an idea - to think of growing those that are in the seasoning mixes that you buy from the grocery store, as that way - at least you will be growing the herbs you use regularly and can assure you that once you get used to the flavor of home grown herbs - you will never ever want to have store bought ones again.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
If I were you, I'd be spontaneous, I'd go to a store and buy a few random herb plants. You don't know yet what you like the most, so it's time for experimenting:) And don't worry, all herbs are very easy to grow. I like mint, thyme and basil the most:)

Ask a Question