Herb garden photos?

Reaction score
Hi,

I'm looking to build/create a herb garden. I was wondering if anyone has made a DIY herb garden and has any pictures of theirs.

Would be good to see a few different ones. I've seen the herb spiral in one of the other posts and I like the idea of that one.

Would anyone care to upload pictures of their herb gardens?

Ta!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Here's a picture of mine. Consists of Basil (Genovese, spicy globe, and Greek) Dill, Cilantro, Thyme, Oregano, Mint, and Sage.

IMG_20140514_122400.jpg
IMG_20140514_122413.jpg

Reaction score
United States and at times out of country
Hardiness Zone
10b and 6a
My first herb garden was in pots. Then we moved to a home that had a nice plot which you will see in the photo I am attaching. The photo is before I replanted my herbs from the pots to the ground. And it has a few other plants in there as well. Once they were in the ground the garden really thrived! It was the most satisfying of all my gardening thus far. And the herb garden became quite extensive beyond what you see in the photo. I need to find a photo of the finished product though - I don't know where I put them. After a few years we moved to another location where I have a concrete garden again with large permanent plant and flower boxes. So I still have an herb garden but it is not as pretty as when it was in the ground in my opinion. However, flower boxes are nice for not having to get down on your knees. There is a real art to trimming. I have lost some good basil because I let it overgrow beyond the point of re-seeding. I just had mine planted in rows that were easily accessible to me.

Attachments

• P1120089 (2).JPG
    P1120089 (2).JPG
    123 KB · Views: 348
Reaction score
United States and at times out of country
Hardiness Zone
10b and 6a
View attachment 2847

Here is a picture of my beautiful garden and it is consist of Mint, Mint Basil, Sweet Basil, Mint Parsley, Sweet Parsley, Thyme, French Thyme, Oregano, Sage, Cilantro, and etc.
Oh My! This is one of the most beautiful herb gardens I have every seen! I am seriously thinking of removing my post! I did not realize there was a difference between Thyme and French Thyme. I buy thyme at the farmers market on a regular basis but have not yet grown it myself. So I am not sure which one I am buying. But it is one of my favorite spices to use. I have also never tried Mint Parsley. Your garden sounds very diverse and you could charge people just to walk through it! Thanks for the peek into your hard work.

Reaction score
View attachment 2847

Here is a picture of my beautiful garden and it is consist of Mint, Mint Basil, Sweet Basil, Mint Parsley, Sweet Parsley, Thyme, French Thyme, Oregano, Sage, Cilantro, and etc.

I am just in total awe, I mean your herb garden is just so amazing; i wish to have one similar to yours in the future; I can see that you've put a lot of work into it.

Reaction score
I am just in total awe, I mean your herb garden is just so amazing; i wish to have one similar to yours in the future; I can see that you've put a lot of work into it.

Thank you, Kammy.
clear.png
:)

Yes, I did put a lot of work into it. I've always wanted a herbal garden with fresh herbs that I planted on my own. I don't have to worry about going to the supermarket because I have basically every type of herbs in my garden. Every now and then, I plant new ones when I'm not too busy. The more the herbs the more the better!!!
clear.png
clear.png
clear.png

Last edited:

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
NaturalBeauty_35 your herb garden is very pretty and reflects your love for your garden.

Reaction score
NaturalBeauty_35 your herb garden is very pretty and reflects your love for your garden.

Thank you, Pat.
clear.png
clear.png

I totally agree. My garden is beautiful and I do put a lot of love into it. It feels so good to have my own herbal garden in my own backyard.
clear.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7a
Country
Poland
View attachment 2847

Wow, it's beyond gorgeous! I've never seen a herb garden like this. It looks like heaven. You are so lucky, NaturalBeauty_35:D I love the transparent roof, it must be wonderful to sit under it when it's raining.

Reaction score
Thank you, Kammy.
clear.png
:)

Yes, I did put a lot of work into it. I've always wanted a herbal garden with fresh herbs that I planted on my own. I don't have to worry about going to the supermarket because I have basically every type of herbs in my garden. Every now and then, I plant new ones when I'm not too busy. The more the herbs the more the better!!!
clear.png
clear.png
clear.png

You have inspired me to put more time and effort into my gardening and i am hoping my rewards will be just as great. Keep up the good work!(y)

Reaction score
that is absolutely gorgeous!!!

I had an idea for what I want to do with my herb garden, but I haven't got the resources yet. Though it's noting like any of the other peoples. Right now they are just in pots or in the ground :)

Reaction score
You have inspired me to put more time and effort into my gardening and i am hoping my rewards will be just as great. Keep up the good work!(y)

Thanks Kammy!

I wouldn't have gotten this far with my garden, if it wasn't for the help of relatives and close friends. It still has a little work to be done, but I'm satisfied right now with the work we all put into it.

Reaction score
Wow, it's beyond gorgeous! I've never seen a herb garden like this. It looks like heaven. You are so lucky, NaturalBeauty_35:D I love the transparent roof, it must be wonderful to sit under it when it's raining.

Thank you, Claudine.
clear.png
clear.png

It doesn't have a roof at the moment. The transparent roof songs really like a great idea. I will keep that in mind. It definitely will cause some extra money though!!!
clear.png
clear.png

Ask a Question