Help

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
Hello,
I have some Jatropha integerrima trees and something is wrong with them.
The leaves are hanging down and they’ve some black spots on the leaves.
I really don’t know what to do…
Laura

Attachments

• 720EE625-3CA4-43F5-8990-4D7768604CA0.png
    720EE625-3CA4-43F5-8990-4D7768604CA0.png
    292.9 KB · Views: 8
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
All I can tell you is that the plant is suffering from some fungal disease and the usual means of controlling a fungal disease is with the use of copper sprays. Why the plant is wilting I don't know either but the UAE does not have a tropical climate and this plant is native to Cuba a tropical country. It is also very dry in the UAE so it might be suffering from a lack of enough water. Have you fertilized them? In Florida the tree is usually fertilized 3 or 4 times per year with a high phosphorus content fertilizer, a fertilizer with a higher middle number.

Reaction score
Country
United Arab Emirates
Thank you. I’ll get something for fungal infection.
It’s dry in some months but currently it’s not dry at all plus I’m trying to spray the leaves with water in between.
I’ll fertilize them all to see if this helps. I have couple of those trees and all don’t look healthy but they aren’t young trees so it’s not the weather it’s something I’m doing wrong

Ask a Question