Help!!!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I managed to actually get a photo of the bug that is killing my indoor plants. These are very small insects, so the photo might not be perfect. These little things seem to have wings (which is probably how they moved from the plant in my bedroom to the one in my living room?). Please let me know what I can do to get rid of them and hopefully save my plants.
D9923EC3-C7E8-457B-B4F8-EBAE1A5343D6.jpeg
AFFCCF6E-A7E2-4F2E-8E27-941DD99FC017.jpeg
0C79A37E-690C-40D8-B251-59B97E821B42.jpeg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I can only guess because the picture is out of focus but it resembles an asparagus beetle. But, there are literally dozens of black and white insects

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Whatever they are, your best bet is systemic insecticide granules. You sprinkle them on the soil and water them in. The insecticide is absorbed by the roots and goes throughout the plant killing all the nasties. The instructions usually say to work them into the soil but it really isn’t necessary.

Reaction score
Country
United States
I can only guess because the picture is out of focus but it resembles an asparagus beetle. But, there are literally dozens of black and white insects
sorry about the bad focus. These bugs are about as big as the tip of a pin; really teeny, tiny little black things, which is why I didn’t notice them until my plant was in big trouble. I had to really magnify them, and I don’t have the capability in my camera to do that so that the photo is good. The plants are houseplants, indoors. Would asparagus beetles be that small, and would they be on indoor plants? Thanks

Reaction score
Country
United States
Whatever they are, your best bet is systemic insecticide granules. You sprinkle them on the soil and water them in. The insecticide is absorbed by the roots and goes throughout the plant killing all the nasties. The instructions usually say to work them into the soil but it really isn’t necessary.
Thank you so much! You have made me feel a lot better! Examining every leaf in my house, every day, is taking up all my time and making me crazy; but I feel guilty when I don’t do it. And I hate to throw all my plants out; they are like my pets. Thanks again

Ask a Question