Help

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a few questions about my plant's im in great need of help with.
I have a peace lily I bought a few weeks ago. It was really nice. But after a few days. The leaves began to droop. I watered it. What I didn't know is that the soil at the bottom was wet. I only found out during putting new compost in.
I followed the instructions from a website. Saying to add water to the new soil. To help the plant stand up.
Then my plant didn't look as if it wasn't doing anything. So I decided to change the soil again. With out adding water. My plant seems to be drooping as if it's dying.
Please can you help me what to do?

Thank you

Best regards
Mrs dorothy lucas

Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, sounds like your plant is too wet with the new transplanting. All you can do now is remove as much as the new soil as you can without damaging the roots. Put your plant in a small container of dry soil and allow it to dry well. It may not be too late to save your plant. You 'll know after it dries whether it will make it or not.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Stop changing the soil!!! Plants don’t change their soil naturally and you shouldn’t either. Adjust your watering to fit the plant’s needs and sit back and enjoy.

Repotting, changing soil, and improper watering are the biggest killers of plants. The first thing you need to do is find out what kind of plant you have and then find out what it needs. The best thing is figure out what kind of plant will grow in the conditions you have, THEN go find the plant. Research, research, research.

Ask a Question