Help

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I recently sprayed my lawn with Par 3 without mixing it, will it kill my lawn and if so what do I need to do to get my grass back

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
GUARANTEE:
Mecoprop-P, present as dimethylamine salt ..................100 g a.e./L
2,4-D, present as dimethylamine salt ............................190 g a.e./L
Dicamba, present as dimethylamine salt .........................18 g a.e./L

*RATE: For turfgrass (not containing bent grass) use
5.5 L of Par III in 300 L water per hectare. (55 ml in 3 L water per 100 m2). Bent grass 30ml in 20L per 100m²

TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION
This product may cause severe irritation to the eyes, and irritation to the skin and
mucous membranes. Symptoms of overexposure to this product may include
coughing, burning, dizziness or temporary loss of muscle coordination, muscle
weakness, loss of appetite, weight loss, vomiting, decreased heart rate,
shortness of breath, excitement, tenseness, depression, incontinence, cyanosis,
muscle spasms, exhaustion and loss of voice. Other possible effects of
overexposure include fatigue, muscle weakness or nausea. Treat
symptomatically.

Well..It should only last a year or so. Seed wont start on top of it. It would be a great time to remove the topsoil and replace it with a nice compost and resod. I was reading that the dicamba leaches easily with water so rain or watering only drives it deeper, faster. The reading I have done so far says one of these hormonal chemicals (mecoprop) will cause abortion and stunted growth in newborn lab animals. That is worrisome re kids or pregnant women in the yard while its chemically hot..

Here is a bit on the 2,4,D;

Phenoxy acid derivatives
This class of herbicides has been in continuous, extensive, and uninterrupted use since 1947. A combination of 2,4-D and 2,4,5-T, popularly known as “Agent Orange,” was teratogenic in mouse. In the rat, this combination did not result in malformations, but behavioral effects were seen postnatally in some offspring. Because it was contaminated with the highly toxic and persistent 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin along with other chlorinated dioxins and furans, 2,4,5-T has been banned for most applications. Although 2,4-D contains very small amounts of persistent chlorinated dioxins and furans, it is not expected to produce any adverse effects.

Last edited:

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum, @Dump Ass !:eek::LOL:

Love your sense of humour; otherwise, I have nothing to contribute to the discussion. Have fun here! ;)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
GUARANTEE:
Mecoprop-P, present as dimethylamine salt ..................100 g a.e./L
2,4-D, present as dimethylamine salt ............................190 g a.e./L
Dicamba, present as dimethylamine salt .........................18 g a.e./L

*RATE: For turfgrass (not containing bent grass) use
5.5 L of Par III in 300 L water per hectare. (55 ml in 3 L water per 100 m2). Bent grass 30ml in 20L per 100m²

TOXICOLOGICAL INFORMATION
This product may cause severe irritation to the eyes, and irritation to the skin and
mucous membranes. Symptoms of overexposure to this product may include
coughing, burning, dizziness or temporary loss of muscle coordination, muscle
weakness, loss of appetite, weight loss, vomiting, decreased heart rate,
shortness of breath, excitement, tenseness, depression, incontinence, cyanosis,
muscle spasms, exhaustion and loss of voice. Other possible effects of
overexposure include fatigue, muscle weakness or nausea. Treat
symptomatically.

Well..It should only last a year or so. Seed wont start on top of it. It would be a great time to remove the topsoil and replace it with a nice compost and resod. I was reading that the dicamba leaches easily with water so rain or watering only drives it deeper, faster. The reading I have done so far says one of these hormonal chemicals (mecoprop) will cause abortion and stunted growth in newborn lab animals. That is worrisome re kids or pregnant women in the yard while its chemically hot..

Here is a bit on the 2,4,D;

Phenoxy acid derivatives
This class of herbicides has been in continuous, extensive, and uninterrupted use since 1947. A combination of 2,4-D and 2,4,5-T, popularly known as “Agent Orange,” was teratogenic in mouse. In the rat, this combination did not result in malformations, but behavioral effects were seen postnatally in some offspring. Because it was contaminated with the highly toxic and persistent 2,3,7,8-tetrachlorodibenzo-p-dioxin along with other chlorinated dioxins and furans, 2,4,5-T has been banned for most applications. Although 2,4-D contains very small amounts of persistent chlorinated dioxins and furans, it is not expected to produce any adverse effects.
I wonder how long it will take for the soil to be safe again. On the label it says not to use more than twice a year, but that is using this garbage correctly. Just think what full strength would do to the soil! You're probably correct in saying its a good time to replace all of the topsoil. At least this story isn't all bad, he will never have to worry about weeds again

Ask a Question