HELP!

Reaction score
A family member asked if I know what plant this is. My wife is a manager in a local garden centre, and can usually identify anything that comes up, but we have gone through several books, and come up with a blank.
upload_2017-10-10_8-48-28.png

The plant was purchased as an annual, but had no tag, so it could be anything. Fairly low (about 6" or so) and the leaves are rather fleshy. Thanks for looking.
John

Reaction score
Thank you, Larisa and alp. I looked them up, and the foliage in the pictures definitely resembles the leaves in the picture I was given. The plant apparently likes cooler summers, which would explain why this one has been doing so well. It is located on the north shore of Georgian Bay, in Thessalon, Ontario. That should be a Zone 4, I believe. Also, our summer has been a cool one in most of the province. I'll pass the information on to the owner. Thanks again.
John

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
Australia
A family member asked if I know what plant this is. My wife is a manager in a local garden centre, and can usually identify anything that comes up, but we have gone through several books, and come up with a blank.
View attachment 28244
The plant was purchased as an annual, but had no tag, so it could be anything. Fairly low (about 6" or so) and the leaves are rather fleshy. Thanks for looking.
John
Very pretty flower Haro. Worth the investigation :)

Reaction score
I run the pond/water gardening section at the garden centre where my wife is the perennials manager. We also have about a 15 acre wholesale section, growing everything from bedding plants to poinsettias. I'm going to talk to the owner about these plants. I think we would do well to carry them.
John

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Certainly worth investing in them as they are very easy to propagate by cuttings. Doesn't need very rich soil and can withstand drought. The single ones are more or less perennial here in Essex. But doubles are usually a bit tenderer. I am sure it is a money earner!

Ask a Question