Help with this Lavender

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is my Lavender plant ok? Do I need to clip the flower area? I am new to this plant and love it. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

I plan on putting in a bigger pot soon. Also, I am not sure if it is getting enough sun.

Attachments

• 20170723_191749.jpg
    20170723_191749.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 206
Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Lavender loves a lot of sun, but to me it looks like it had been over watered. When you put them in a bigger pot, check the roots if they're healthy or not, if it's become kind of mushy and yellow-brown, then that just means it's rotting from too much water. Try planting them in soil with good drainage, and make sure to let them dry out a bit before watering them again. Hope this helps.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Lavender loves a lot of sun, but to me it looks like it had been over watered. When you put them in a bigger pot, check the roots if they're healthy or not, if it's become kind of mushy and yellow-brown, then that just means it's rotting from too much water. Try planting them in soil with good drainage, and make sure to let them dry out a bit before watering them again. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much! Do you think it can be saved if the roots are starting to rot?

Reaction score
Country
Thailand
Thank you so much! Do you think it can be saved if the roots are starting to rot?
What I would do is actually trim out as much rotted roots as possible, and maybe even bare root the plant and just plant it in fresh new soil. Because the soil it's in right now can be infested with a disease that is actually causing the rot.

Reaction score
Country
United States
What I would do is actually trim out as much rotted roots as possible, and maybe even bare root the plant and just plant it in fresh new soil. Because the soil it's in right now can be infested with a disease that is actually causing the rot.

Thanks again! I will try that it if the roots have been damaged. I hope not though.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Lavendar does not need or enjoy much water.....in pots keep just moist in summer. In the ground do not water at all :)
Onyxraven I would cut your plant fairly hard.......as far as the bottom greenery......and repot into a mixture of john innes and perlite or grit. 50/50 is ideal. Grow in full sun.
I think your lavendar will be fine

Ask a Question