Help with Plumbago plant

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
I planted a plumbago plant a year ago. In winter it went dormant. I pruned it in early spring and now I am waiting for a new growth but don't see anything but dead branches. I live in zone 8. Is my plant dead or I need to wait? Any advise would be appreciated.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Give your plant more time Olga, it flowers late, and I`m sure you will see new growth when it is ready. Plumbago
(Ceratostigma) is really hardy, and I`m sure you won`t be disappointed :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Zone 8 is at the very edge of its growing zone. Did you have an especially cold winter? That could have done it in. Does it get lots of sun? It needs it. Still, i agree with @Tetters give it some time(y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
If you had a hard freeze cut the plant to the ground if when you scratch the bark it is not green. It will come back from the roots.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Give your plant more time Olga, it flowers late, and I`m sure you will see new growth when it is ready. Plumbago
(Ceratostigma) is really hardy, and I`m sure you won`t be disappointed :)

Thank you very much for your encouragement! I guess I have to be more patient. I hate to see this plant to go.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Zone 8 is at the very edge of its growing zone. Did you have an especially cold winter? That could have done it in. Does it get lots of sun? It needs it. Still, i agree with @Tetters give it some time(y)

We did have couple of days of freeze in march. The plant gets afternoon sun.

Ask a Question