help with plant id

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My mom gave me a plant that was given to her. She didn't know what it was. It started to bloom for me, then they died. I deadheaded them and in about 1 or 2 it bloomed again. It has bloomed for me several times. I'd like to know what it is. It's a small plant, I have it on my front porch facing south and it's been doing well. Thanks in advance flower 3.JPG flower.JPG flower2.JPG

Reaction score
Its very pretty plant missyann

and agree with Silver Surfer it is the Pelargonium variety known as " Americana White Splash "

Geranium - Americana White Splash.jpg

Reaction score
gata is your other name Jared Van Beveren?
The pic you have posted above belongs to him and is clearly marked copyright..all rights for this pic are his.
To post it in a public place . ie .these forums...without his permission is wrong.

This is why I always add links to pics...UNLESS I have taken the pic and I own the copyright

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jared-packtrials2011/5645016473/

It is similar to someone who writes a book. To copy their words is plagiarism.
Quote wiki....Plagiarism is the "wrongful appropriation" and "stealing and publication" of another author's "language, thoughts, ideas, or expressions" and the representation of them as one's own original work"

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Mod note : Silver Surfer is right, could members please put the source of photos along with the pics if they are not their own work.

Thank you :)

I don't think any copyright infringement was intended in this case, so could members please hit the report button in future instead of airing grievances on the open forum :)

Thank you :)

Reaction score
Silver surfer - if you have a some kind of grievance with me - I would much prefer that you go through the proper channels rather than air it in public.
As not only do I find your rudeness and sarcasm totally unnecessary but also totally unacceptable.
Especially as this is not the first but the second time in less than 24 hours that you have made serious allegations about me as well as also wrongly accused me of something that I didn't actually do - without first knowing all the facts.

So once again I will repeat - Copyright laws DO NOT apply to pictures that are taken from a Public Domain Site - and so long as the photos are not used for profit or claimed to be your own - you are free to use them as you wish such as to portray how a plant looks on a forum etc.

So as I only ever use Public Domain Sites to source photos - as I understand - that in general all the photos available on those sites are put there for free use and therefore not copyright protected and that those that are copyrighted that have allowed use in the public domain - do generally have a watermark or the persons name on them - you are not doing anything illegal when using them.
As the picture that you are referring to did actually came from one of those sites - I was therefore not aware that I was infringing on any copyright laws - especially as the site that I downloaded it from - said it was a free use public domain photo - nor was I committing any kind of plagiarism either - as I WAS NOT claiming the photograph to be mine.

zigs - As you've probably already read in my response above I'm not a happy bunny - especially as the photo in question was a free to use public domain photo and although I appreciate what you are saying regarding photos and putting where it was sourced from along side it - and will do so if I ever use a photo again - as many of the Public Domain Photos now have photos available that were once copyrighted - but are now not - wouldn't just the same problem as has just arisen now with the photo that I used to - be likely to happen again - if someone had nothing better to do other than spend their time looking for the chance to spot what they think to be an illegally posted photograph ?

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Copyright laws DO NOT apply to pictures that are taken from a Public Domain Site - and so long as the photos are not used for profit or claimed to be your own - you are free to use them as you wish such as to portray how a plant looks on a forum etc.

many of the Public Domain Photos now have photos available that were once copyrighted - but are now not

I didn't realise that about photos Gata, thanks for letting me know :)

We had the threat of legal action on another forum when a recipe was copied without reference to the source, but not photos as far as I can remember.

Thread closed to protect the peace and harmony of the board, any further comments, please contact a member of staff :)

Reactions: Ian
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question