Help with Alocasia Regal Shields

Reaction score
Country
United States
My alocasia regal shields seems pretty happy (it's still producing new leaves), but it has such trouble with getting droopy leaves often. At first I thought it was due to being thirsty, so I started watering it every day. This seemed to perk them up a bit, but there are still some leaves that get droopy. I've pruned off about 4 big leaves this summer alone, and then it will usually put out a new leaf but then the older ones all get droopy again, even if I'm watering sufficiently. I also tried to separate out the baby shoots but this didn't really help either. In fact, in the photos, you can see that the baby in the hanging pot is getting droopy too. The other baby is droopy too, but I just leaned it against some other plants for support. I've started using supports to try and keep all the leaves upright, but I want to know if there's something else I need to do to take better care of this plant. Thoughts? I have the plant in a sunroom (no windows on the ceiling, but the south wall is a 1 big window and the larger west-facing side is all windows. No windows on the north side). Lots of bright indirect light all year round, but I live in the PNW, so there are lots of clouds and not much light in the winter. Some direct light when the sun is shining through the windows. Temps get up to 90 degrees in the summer (but good ventilation with breezes blowing through), down to 40s in the winter. I use a soil moisture monitor and water whenever the plant is totally dry (usually every other day).

Any advice?

Attachments

• plants - 1.jpg
    plants - 1.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 330
  • plants - 2.jpg
    plants - 2.jpg
    143.6 KB · Views: 529
  • plants - 14.jpg
    plants - 14.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 427
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4a
Country
Canada
Are you sure you arent overwatering? The big one looks like it needs a bigger pot.

How long ago did you seperate the baby plants?

Ask a Question