HELP with a Sansiviera plant

Reaction score
Country
Israel
I decided to take on plant growing.
Sansiviera should be a tough to kill plant.
For some reason, the plant started to dry out in a few shoots at their bottom only...
Othercehoots look ok and a few new ones begin to emerge.
I didn't over-water the plant, so I assume it's not root rut.
What's going on? How dis I manage to kill an un-killable plant????

Thanks

Attachments

• 20200904_182046.jpg
    20200904_182046.jpg
    282.8 KB · Views: 89
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
The soil it is in is to “organic” and stays wet too long and the pot is way too big. I don’t normally recommend repotting a struggling plant but in this case since it is “unkillable” I will. Remove it from the pot, keeping the original soil with the roots, and replant it in a smaller pot ( about the same size as the original pot) with a cactus type soil with lots of sand and perlite. The soil should feel real gritty and almost gravelly. Don’t plant it any deeper than it was in the original pot. You can remove any leaves that are soft and brown on the bottom or have been soft and dried out. Then keep it just moist for a couple of weeks before resuming a normal watering schedule which may be only every 2 weeks depending on lighting. In a bright location it will need more water than in a darker location.

Ask a Question