Help with a lily bulb?

Reaction score
I got a lily bulb about a week ago, that had a sprout already on it. Lately, though, the sprout has been getting less green and more pink, and it hasn't grown at all. I ended up digging it up to check--some of the scales were kinda mushier, but i'm not sure if that's rot or whether it's rehydrating itself after being boxed for so long? the bulb hasn't developed any roots yet, but there are some at the base of the sprout. Is this normal? Or am I overreacting?

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums! :) Have you got any photos?

Reaction score
A picture would help us if you have one. How much are you watering it? People have a way of overwatering and killing their plants with kindness.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Indeed photographs would have been an immense help. all the same, from your description, the situation does not sound good.
The comparative adjective 'mushier' is one that is hardly ever used to describe healthy bulbs, or most other plant tissues.

Last edited:

NigelJ

Still Learning
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Some bulbs root from the bulb and some from the base of the stem. Do you know species of bulb, where have you planted it, in a pot in the soil indoors or outdoors. Where are you what has your weather been like.
Put it back in the ground and leave it alone, it will grow or it won't. At this stage not much you can do to influence the outcome.

Ask a Question