Help please!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, viewed a property to buy yesterday with this growing in the attached greenhouse! Can someone please put my mind at ease and identify it as common garden weeds and not the dreaded knotweed!

Many thanks,
20180114_114729.jpg

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United Kingdom
Looks like a summer flowering White Jasminum of some Kind maybe Jasminum polyanthum It Has a Different leaf to Russian Vine.... Fallopia baldschuanica & Definitely not the Japanese knotweed ...... Fallopia japonica as that grows up right & Vary Tall with stems That are thick like Rubbarb. I know It Vary well As I have Had To Battle With it On a Few Sites Over the Years & has been My Biggest Enemy In the Plant World & I can understand You Asking & your Concern. It Was Probably Planted on A fence Just out side the Green House & has found Its Way In & loved the Warmth

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
I think it is some cheap jasmine from Thompson and Morgan(?). Not all their things are bad. This jasmine has stems which twine together and makes the stem very strong. But they are not difficult to eradicate. I have bought them and the twined vine really frightened me, so I got rid of it. Not a major problem.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Daren: I wasn't copying you. I was surprised to see your name on the left hand side, but the pic hid all your wonderful knowledge! :LOL:

Ask a Question