Reaction score
Country
United States
IMG_4015.JPG
IMG_4017.JPG
IMG_4018.JPG
IMG_4019.JPG
Hi
When I bought my house it had beautiful landscape but the trees were not healthy. I changed the mulch and used plant food, removed the sick trees and trimmed the good ones. until I saw my trees grow beautifully.
1 of my evergreen ( I suppose it is one) did not grow the new leaves in spring and thought maybe it is delayed. But then I noticed only 1 branch is growing and has new leaves but not the rest of the tree. I got tree disease solution from my Home Depot and tree food and no improvement. But I see the 1 branch is still growing new leaves. I refuse to say it died as I like this tree a lot.
I live in central NJ
Please advise.
Thank you in advance.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Zone 8 B 15-20 F -9.4 -6.7c
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Mariana, What a sad sight to see, if the branches which have no foliage are brittle and snap easily then I'm afraid to say your tree is dying, however if the branches with no foliage are flexible and will bend easily without snapping then there is a chance they will recover and grow, without knowing quite a lot more detail it is difficult to say for definate what has Caused this, it could be contaminated soil left by builders, maybe chemical damage weather damage or even insect damage, more info would be needed to analyse, but keep an eye on it for a while see if any more greenery appears.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi Mariana, What a sad sight to see, if the branches which have no foliage are brittle and snap easily then I'm afraid to say your tree is dying, however if the branches with no foliage are flexible and will bend easily without snapping then there is a chance they will recover and grow, without knowing quite a lot more detail it is difficult to say for definate what has Caused this, it could be contaminated soil left by builders, maybe chemical damage weather damage or even insect damage, more info would be needed to analyse, but keep an eye on it for a while see if any more greenery appears.
I tried bending the branches and they are flexible and do not break although it had no leaves for the whole summer. Any other tests I can try ? Thank you I appreciate all advice.

Ask a Question