Help my bonsi pepper is dying

Reaction score
Country
United States
I bought this about a month ago the seller gave no instructions and I have no idea what it is. Google says Carolina reaper or something like that. I'm in south Florida and I'm trying to keep it outside my house gets 0 sunlight inside. But its planted like a bonsi and I fear the moisture is getting zapped away. It wilts by the time I get home. I water it every day but the leaves are crispy wilted every day. Its got peppers on it but the leaves are falling off and wilted I moved it to a more shaded part of the yard but summer is on its way. I can't find anything about care for a mature plant. Google only directs you seed sprouting. The last picture is when I bought it and the other two are what it looks like now. Please help I don't know how to care for this and I really don't want to loose it. What is the life cycle of the plant does it loose all the leaves after it gives peppers?. I have no green thumb i Just like plants.

Attachments

• 20210510_212515.jpg
    20210510_212515.jpg
    225 KB · Views: 65
  • 20210510_212502.jpg
    20210510_212502.jpg
    216.3 KB · Views: 59
  • 20210418_195008.jpg
    20210418_195008.jpg
    234.8 KB · Views: 58
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
I bought this about a month ago the seller gave no instructions and I have no idea what it is. Google says Carolina reaper or something like that. I'm in south Florida and I'm trying to keep it outside my house gets 0 sunlight inside. But its planted like a bonsi and I fear the moisture is getting zapped away. It wilts by the time I get home. I water it every day but the leaves are crispy wilted every day. Its got peppers on it but the leaves are falling off and wilted I moved it to a more shaded part of the yard but summer is on its way. I can't find anything about care for a mature plant. Google only directs you seed sprouting. The last picture is when I bought it and the other two are what it looks like now. Please help I don't know how to care for this and I really don't want to loose it. What is the life cycle of the plant does it loose all the leaves after it gives peppers?. I have no green thumb i Just like plants.
Yes, that is a Carolina Reaper, the worlds hottest pepper. Get it out of that pot into a larger container or better yet plant it in the ground if possible. Fertilize it. These peppers can live up to about 5 years if properly cared for. Be very careful of the fruits when handling them and wear gloves and try to not get any pepper juice on your skin and absolutely do not get any in your eyes. This plant does not lose its leaves and will produce year round. Save some seeds and replant as the seeds will come back true.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
If growing peppers especially Chinese capsicum in pots they need to be large pots otherwise you are going to struggle with moisture controll . These fellas like moist well draind soil , they are very easy to drown . Transfer him to at least a 2 gallon pot with bottom drainage . Peppers like hot and humid but need protection from mid afternoon sun Around 2:30-3:30 depending on wshere you are in your time zone to 5pm .Adding roughly 10% Sand to your potting mix will help with drainage.

Ask a Question