Help me with my petunias!

Reaction score
Country
United States
I don’t know if I over fertilizer or maybe they were getting too much water, not enough water. But I am losing these guys fast and I don’t k ow what to do. My petunias are browning and dying off as is the lobelia. We live in zone 9 and it has been crazy hot lately but I don’t think they should look like this already
image.jpg
image.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
They look like they have been over watered, can water run out of the bottom ? The whole stem normally collapses when under watered . How often are you feeding ?

Its difficult to tell but best thing to do is stick your finger in the pot about 2.5cm / inch + down and see if it wet/soggy or dry as a bone.

MaryMary

Quite Contrary
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Another possibility - looking specifically at this part of your picture - are you deadheading the spent blooms?

Deadhead.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
I am deadheading then. Just pinching the dead off but I can’t keep up! They do have a drain hole at the bottom of the pot and I water everyday u til I start seeing water come out the bottom. It’s been 102-109 here lately so I figured they’d need extra water but possibly I’m giving too much?

Ask a Question