Help me identify this plant please

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
Hi everybody
I bought this plant a while ago but I don't know it's name or how to take care of it.
I am watering it every few days and keeping it in well lighted spot with no sunlight . It is rarely giving new leaves but once one branch broke accidentally and a new leave came up in it. Can I cut the brunches from the middle to make more leaves? Can I root the cuttings? And please what is its name?
Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_20210518_025520.jpg
    IMG_20210518_025520.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 62
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It is called Devil's Backbone, Pedilanthus tithymaloides (try saying that 3 times fast). It likes very bright light, a little direct sun won't hurt, only just moist and can dry out and not be hurt. It's quite succulent and needs that kind of care. Yes wherever you cut it it will branch, just be careful of the sap. The cuttings will root very easily if kept moist and given strong light. If it is in a low light spot it will get very limp and fall over easily, so try to keep it as bright as possible.
I believe it's name is Harold. :LOL: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Happy Plant Parenting

Reaction score
Country
Algeria
It is called Devil's Backbone, Pedilanthus tithymaloides (try saying that 3 times fast). It likes very bright light, a little direct sun won't hurt, only just moist and can dry out and not be hurt. It's quite succulent and needs that kind of care. Yes wherever you cut it it will branch, just be careful of the sap. The cuttings will root very easily if kept moist and given strong light. If it is in a low light spot it will get very limp and fall over easily, so try to keep it as bright as possible.
I believe it's name is Harold. :LOL: :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Happy Plant Parenting

Thank you very much for all these informations ♥️♥️

Ask a Question