Help! Indoor aphid problem.

Reaction score
Country
United States
So, we had a huge outdoor vegetable garden this year. It thrived, and we never had problems with pests or anything.

We decided, when fall hit, to transplant some of our hot pepper plants indoors under our grow lights. Within a few weeks, we noticed aphids on all of the plants. We used soapy water, neem oil, and diatomaceous earth to get rid of them, and thought we'd fixed the problem.

We're growing tomato and pepper seedlings, too, though, and this morning we noticed aphids all over them.

I want to get rid of everything and start over, but my boyfriend wants to keep trying to eradicate them. We have a ton of houseplants, and I'm worried about them spreading throughout the house!

Any advice? Should we get rid of everything and start over? Get a bunch of ladybugs? I want to set the grow room on fire right now!! HELP!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
You have already done what you are supposed to do, however, I do not believe you are following through with the prescribed remedy for aphids. One or two treatments is not near enough for a severe case of aphids. You MUST have an eradication regime and that means a timed and regular spraying of ALL of the plants in your house. You should spray every plant in your home about every 5 days with a Neem/Spinosad mixture. You must stop their reproduction process. I would spray with 2 oz of neem oil with 2 oz of spinosad per gallon of water. Spray both sides of the leaves. Do this for at least 3 weeks

Ask a Question