Help in identifying this plant/flower

Reaction score
Country
United States
Looking for some help in finding out what kinda of plant/flower this is. My aunt said makes teas from it and its good for her skin. She wants me to try it but I would like to know what is. She said one of her friends gave it to her but she does not know what it

Attachments

Ad

Advertisements

alp

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Googled and could be succulent plant Bryophyllum / Kalanchoe delagoense, a weed species in Australia

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I also did a Google Image search and it does indeed look like a Kalanchoe Delagoense however I have read that all parts of this plant are toxic so this may not tie up with your aunt using it for tea and on her skin so perhaps it is something else? Coincidentally with Spring in full swing I've been reading up quite a bit on plant and weed identification for my garden and came across this page on Japanese Knotweed Identification. As with your situation it's quite tricky to identify as there are so many similar looking species. It also turns out it's edible and makes a good crumble!

Good luck with identifying your mystery plant/ weed!

Best wishes, Jeff

Ad

Advertisements

Ask a Question