Help in identifying my plant with berries

Reaction score
Country
United States
I really need to learn to keep a log of what I buy since I tend to forget over time. Now that I'm trying to determine which of my plants might be toxic to my fish or dogs I'm trying to identify this one. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 20150923_090356_resized.jpg
    20150923_090356_resized.jpg
    160.9 KB · Views: 366
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
That is American Beauty Berry, aka French Mulberry. Non-toxic, beloved by birds, and is a native. There is a "bred" white variety, but it isn't nearly as hardy as the good old purple one. We have two, and I have yet to see the berries last two days after ripening. Keep your eyes out for lots of birds!

Reaction score
Country
United States
That is American Beauty Berry, aka French Mulberry. Non-toxic, beloved by birds, and is a native. There is a "bred" white variety, but it isn't nearly as hardy as the good old purple one. We have two, and I have yet to see the berries last two days after ripening. Keep your eyes out for lots of birds!
Thanks so much! Last year I had berries and the birds did eat them all but for some reason this year they have been near it.

Ask a Question