Help Identifying Tree

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a 8b
Country
United States
Hello all,

This is my first time posting. I have a beautiful tree in my front yard that I would like to get more of. I cannot figure out what it is though. Could someone help me out?

Thank you in advance!

zlZk7L3.jpg

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Welcome 7586 to the forums. Would you please tell us in what part of the country the tree is growing? It is difficult to provide identifications without knowing in what climate the tree is growing.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a 8b
Country
United States
I apologize, I guess that would help tremendously! I am located in a city called San Miguel in California located in San Luis Obispo County.

Thanks for the help

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum @7586jongb :) Just so you know, you can add your location and hardiness zone to your profile (y)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
It's a really interesting tree. I have no clue either but agree with Esther about taking a branch or photo to a nursery. Independent (not big box store) ones tend to have better-informed employees in my experience.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a 8b
Country
United States
Thank you for your help. I thought the same thing. Unfortunately my nearest nursery is about 50 miles away. Big box stores have ran them out. Thanks again!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
If you rub a leaf between your fingers, is there a fragrance? I was also thinking that it looks like a big bush. How tall do you estimate it to be? Seeing the trunk may also yield some clues. Is there just one trunk coming out of the ground, what color and texture are the trunk and branches? Any signs of seeds or buds? It is very attractive whether it be tree or bush...i would also like to know what it is. Neighbors (if you have any) might be familiar with it. If your garden centers are so far away you might send some photos and additional information about the trunk via email and ask if they have one available and what is it called (just to provide a little incentive for them to take interest :)

Kavatika

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
It looks like there are small green berries forming on the branches; can you get a close up pictures of those, as well as a good pictures of a branch with leaves on it?

Reaction score
Country
United States
This is Long-leaved Yellowwood (Podocarpus henkelii), a conifer native to eastern and southern Africa.

Ask a Question