United States
DSCN0481.JPG

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
Hi. :)

Doesn't look at all familiar, where are you located? Knowing that may help with ID. It's sort of interesting though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United States
It kind of looks like some kind of tree starting off. Any trees in the area? It doesn't have to be a seedling, it could be a "sucker". I often get suckers from my Sweet Gum tree that grows in clumps, much like what looks like is happening in your pic, but I'm not saying it's a Sweet Gum tree, but maybe another species.

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi. :)

Doesn't look at all familiar, where are you located? Knowing that may help with ID. It's sort of interesting though.
I'm in southeast Pennsylvania. Last year I had Yarrow in that spot, but we had Voles (my hubby thought they were "cute" ) They ate the roots of just about every perennial in that garden, and this year I put Paperwhite bulbs there. After the paperwhite died off, this popped up. Needless to say, I have no clue what it might be, but it looked interesting and not like any of my local weeds.....

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
I agree with roadrunner, looks like a baby tree or shrub. Is the stem woody or soft and pliable?

Reaction score
Country
United States
It kind of looks like some kind of tree starting off. Any trees in the area? It doesn't have to be a seedling, it could be a "sucker". I often get suckers from my Sweet Gum tree that grows in clumps, much like what looks like is happening in your pic, but I'm not saying it's a Sweet Gum tree, but maybe another species.
The only tree that had been in the area was supposedly a Black Locust. It was actually a cross between a locust and a mimosa and had none of the good qualities of either, we cut it down a few years ago. Have had plenty of suckers from that! Think we finally got rid of them.

Ask a Question