Help identifying pests!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I first noticed these about a month ago in the soil, some white and some brown like this one. They appeared when I watered the plant. The plant seems healthy, she's put out a few new leaves the past month. I think they are soil mites as I can't see any on the actual plant. Are these pests something to worry about? If so what's the best way to get rid of them?
IMG_20200613_094517.jpg

IMG_20200613_094531.jpg
IMG_20200613_094501.jpg

Reaction score
Country
United States
They are not a problem and can be beneficial in the aid of breaking down organic matter. However, if they become a problem in numbers and you think they are a problem you can do something. The plant looks healthy and well cared for now, and doing anything could cause it stress.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @MariaS and welcome to the forum. @zigs and I have just had a pow wow about your little creatures, and we think you could have a case of root aphids there. Although your plant is well cared for and looks amazingly healthy now, we think those nasty little things will eat away at the roots and do it no good at all. It would be a good idea to introduce some nematodes, which can be obtained online or from garden centres.
Good luck :)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for your responses! I think I will get some nematodes, I don't want to risk my beautiful baby dying on me!

Ask a Question