Help identify my plant and care tips

Reaction score
Country
India
Hi all, I need help to identify this plant. The nursery sold this as an indoor plant and I've had it for about two weeks now. As you can see in the picture the leaves are drying up and the plant hasn't grown at all. It's located in a room with moderate light. I water the plant when the top soil feels dry - that's about once in 3 days. I'm hoping someone can tell me what I'm doing wrong here. Some care tips would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_20200927_095526-min.jpg
    IMG_20200927_095526-min.jpg
    138.1 KB · Views: 79
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
That is a philodendron, which variety I’m not sure. It is not a fast growing variety so don’t expect any great changes soon. Two weeks is no time at all to see any growth changes. Keep it moist but not soggy and in a moderately bright area. When you water it, soak it thoroughly and let it drain then put it back in it’s home. As long as you can tolerate the temperature in the room it’s not too hot for the plant. The spot on the leaf looks like it might have gotten sunburned. If it feels “mushy” in the yellow area around the spot you might have a soft rot issue, but that would be unusual outside of a greenhouse. The brown leaf tip means that at some point in the past it got too dry, but if you keep it moist from now on there shouldn’t be a problem.

Happy Plant Parenting!

Ask a Question