Help. How do I save this plant

Reaction score
Country
Saint Lucia
I purchased this scindapsus Pictus in November last year and it has stayed pretty much the same. Last week I decided to look at the roots and realized that I was sold an unroofed cutting. The plant only has a tiny node which was not in the soil. Will a humid box help this plant to root quickly. I really don’t want it to die. What should I do.

Attachments

• 54FA80F7-E105-429B-9BB6-3008DCABBB95.jpeg
    54FA80F7-E105-429B-9BB6-3008DCABBB95.jpeg
    181.3 KB · Views: 19
Reaction score
Country
United States
Yes, I recall discussing this plant (Scindapsus pictus 'Argyraeus') with you on another thread a few months ago.

The bad news is that plant still has not produce many/any roots, but the good news is it still looks green and healthy. Perhaps being in a warm and humid climate allows it to persist with a minimal root system. I don't know if additional humidity in an enclosed space would be better for it or not. I see several leaves so ther must be several stem nodes .Perhaps burying the stem one node deeper would help. You might also try an application of rooting hormone.

I just looked up the older thread. I see the photo is the same. Does the plant still look like it does in the photo?

Reaction score
Country
Saint Lucia
Thank you for your usual kind assistance.
Yes. Nothing has changed. It is exactly the same. This is why I decided to take a look at the roots and it was actually starting to rot a bit. I cut that part off and actually put it in perlite. I was just wondering whether more humidity would help.

Reaction score
Country
Saint Lucia
Just to update you @Marck I changed the medium to sphagnum moss and I put the plant in a Hugh humidity container and now it has some crazy roots and even have a new leaf. I’m so happy.

Ask a Question