Help! Can I save this droopy jade?

Reaction score
Country
United States
I've had this jade for several years and this is the first time it's droopy and has some white spots. Is it over watered? Not watered enough? Too heavy? Is it dying? Can I save it? Thanks in advance for your help!

IMG_8753.JPG

IMG_8754.JPG

Reaction score
Country
United States
He kind of looks like he's not getting enough light.

Thanks for the quick response. I had to move him for the picture. He is usually in front of a sunny window with direct sun in morning and indirect in the afternoon. How much sun do they need?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
They prefer bright indirect, even light. If he gets direct sun sometimes, he tries to grow towards it when it disappears.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Thanks for the quick response. I had to move him for the picture. He is usually in front of a sunny window with direct sun in morning and indirect in the afternoon. How much sun do they need?
That looks a lot like 1st stage scale insects. Can you wipe or scrape them off? If so it is scale. Spray with Neem.

Reaction score
Country
United States
That looks a lot like 1st stage scale insects. Can you wipe or scrape them off? If so it is scale. Spray with Neem.
Hi Chuck,

I think you're right. I just tried to wipe off the spots with a wet paper towel and it worked. Will try the neem. Do you think that's also the cause of the droop or is that something else going on? Thank you!!!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
Hi Chuck,

I think you're right. I just tried to wipe off the spots with a wet paper towel and it worked. Will try the neem. Do you think that's also the cause of the droop or is that something else going on? Thank you!!!
Each of those 1000's of bugs are sucking the juice out of the plant. If I had that many fleas on me I would be a bit droopy too. So, yes, that is why your plant is a little droopy. Just spray both sides of the leaves and the trunk and stems. Do this every 5-7 days, twice. Do not be surprised if not all of the white spots disappear at first. If you have any other plants in the house you may as well spray them too

Reaction score
Country
Canada
I have those same white spots on my old and very healthy jade plant. After reading that this might be scale I Immediately took chucks advice and removed the spots with a cotton swab and some rubbing alcohol and sent my husband off for neem oil. In the mean time I have been researching these white spots on jade plants, and it seems quite common for jade to have a salt residue on the leaves that looks just like the photo and what is on my plant. This also wipes clean with a cloth. I'm no pro with plants but there may be another issue with your jade plant.

Ask a Question