Help! Blossom end rot.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
Thanks to the internet, I was quickly able to diagnose my tomato problem as blossom end rot. However, most of what I saw on my google search was advice on how to PREVENT it. I need advice on how to stop it mid-season.
Thanks in advance

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5b
Country
United States
You need to add calcium, there are sprays for this. It's fixable. Do not fertilize for now. Mulching your maters will help too.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8b
Country
United States
If you have alkaline soils add copious amounts of Epsom salts. It is a lack of calcium but the question is does your soil have enough calcium. I alkaline soils you have plenty of calcium but the plant is unable to uptake it. And ES enables the uptake. In acidic soils I haven't a clue

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6A
Country
United States
If you have alkaline soils add copious amounts of Epsom salts. It is a lack of calcium but the question is does your soil have enough calcium. I alkaline soils you have plenty of calcium but the plant is unable to uptake it. And ES enables the uptake. In acidic soils I haven't a clue

I used epsom salts (and quite a bit of it) about a week ago, and just discovered this problem yesterday. I will use some more though.

Ask a Question