HELP are my Cordylines dying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had two cordylines which have turned into 4 I moved them because they where getting too big and look amazing so I thought I’d put them in the back garden instead.
when I moved the first two they split at The bottom of trunk now they look like they are dying??? I gave them plenty of water for the first two weeks now I’m watering every 3 days. Everyday they seem too look worse???
I’ve cut all the dead off them and now a few days later I reckon I will need to cut more off. ITS GOING TO BE BALD AT THIS RATE

The other two that haven’t been split I moved them but they look healthy and green.

any help would be really good. Thankyou

Reaction score
Country
United States
You need to acclimate them very slowly back outdoors. Adding more water will not help and will only make things worse if the roots are damaged. Shoot some photos so I can see what you are talking about.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
You need to acclimate them very slowly back outdoors. Adding more water will not help and will only make things worse if the roots are damaged. Shoot some photos so I can see what you are talking about.
They’ve always been outside, il add some photos now. Thankyou

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had two cordylines which have turned into 4 I moved them because they where getting too big and look amazing so I thought I’d put them in the back garden instead.
when I moved the first two they split at The bottom of trunk now they look like they are dying??? I gave them plenty of water for the first two weeks now I’m watering every 3 days. Everyday they seem too look worse???
I’ve cut all the dead off them and now a few days later I reckon I will need to cut more off. ITS GOING TO BE BALD AT THIS RATE

The other two that haven’t been split I moved them but they look healthy and green.

any help would be really good. Thankyou

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    336.3 KB · Views: 137
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Photos uploaded. Thankyou

Reaction score
Country
United States
Shoot a photo of the split area you are talking about, and please post a photo of the base of the tree going into the ground.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
These are before photos

Attachments

• 2A66E70D-9F2A-4B8A-909E-BDA2395060D6.jpeg
    2A66E70D-9F2A-4B8A-909E-BDA2395060D6.jpeg
    422.4 KB · Views: 255
  • 0F01F7D9-2839-4D0D-86DA-137E6702085A.jpeg
    0F01F7D9-2839-4D0D-86DA-137E6702085A.jpeg
    489.2 KB · Views: 128
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
With the damage to the roots, you will need to be very careful with the watering. Unless it's very warm you need to keep them just moist not soggy. It will take a while to know if they're going to make it. Be patient and prepare to lose most of the leaves.

Ask a Question