Hello!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello! I am new-ish gardener from North Dakota, US, where my main challenge is unpredictable weather and a short growing season. I grew a couple of fabulous flower gardens and grew a small number of vegetables in containers for about 5 years when we lived in town, but when we moved to a larger rural property I learned to can and expanded my garden to grow a wide variety of food to last us through the winter, as well as slowly expand my flower gardens. Over the last three years here we've added two new apple trees (one of which was heavily damaged by deer, so may need to be replaced :rolleyes:) to replace a 40+ year old pair that is likely on its way out, a cherry tree, a peach tree, currants, raspberries, and rhubarb. In addition to my gardens, I have a flock of chickens, one dog, and two barn cats.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, and welcome to the forum!
That is quite a step up from a few veg in containers. I have made a similar journey over a longer period, from a tiny urban garden at the back of a terrace house to a flat with an allotment at the end of the road, to a house with about a thirty foot square garden to our present forty by hundred feet. Looking forward to seeing you around the site.

Ask a Question