Hello

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just signed up here because I'm looking for advice on some jalapeno and habenero plants attached pictures I'm at a loss on this the first is habenero the rest are jalapeno

Attachments

• IMG_20211201_125156.jpg
    IMG_20211201_125156.jpg
    249.2 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20211201_125131.jpg
    IMG_20211201_125131.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_20211201_125121.jpg
    IMG_20211201_125121.jpg
    245.8 KB · Views: 34
Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings, welcome to the Forums.

Please tell us more about the conditions of your Chili Peppers (Capsicum annuum cvs.). What is your watering and fertilizing regime? Does the soil stay moist but well-drained? What have your recent temperatures been?

Reaction score
Country
United States
Water every other day. It's in South Florida temperature is like 75 degrees this time of year. The fertilizer I'm kind of unsure I didn't plant them I think it's bone meal or something

Reaction score
Country
United States
Check the soil moisture before the next irrigation. Dig a small exploratory hole, and see if the subsurface soil is damp, but well-drained.
Even in Florida growth may slow a bit in Winter due to less daylight and cooler nights, so take that into account.

Also, give a light application of a complete fertilizer, one with all nutrients. fertilize more heavily after initial improvement occurs.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United States
So those shadows.. Afternoon? The reason I ask is they are an awfully slow plant unless they are in the right conditions, one being full sun.

Another question -whats up with the masonry block? The chemistry leaching from fresh building materials usually hurts plants. Especially that high pH stuff like masonry gives off. Its kind of like a chemical called lye. If you added bone meal which is high calcium you can make it worse.

I do not think that soil is drained well. If it does not dry out then definitely so.

Next to a fence facing a setting sun is a recipe for too much heat. Especially in Florida. Did you know that plants reflect infra red heat? Its a cooling mechanism in part. They absorb blue and red light. There are cool pics on the internet of plants in infrared photos.

To recap: morning and full sun is best, the soil has strange man made materials and seems low and not tilthy, you have imbalancéd nutrition and the pants may be getting hot. But those are WAGs of course based on a few photos.

Ask a Question