Hello

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all, my name is Clara. I am interested in growing orchids, succulents, and vegetables. I currently have one golden orchid but am looking for several more. Would love to learn more about the basics of how to pick out good soil, fertilizer, and properly care for seasonal vegetables like tomatoes, corn, and lettuce. My past experience in gardening was with taking care of florals such as irises and petunias. Learning to care for vegetables will be a new challenge so glad to learn from you more veggie inclined gardeners. Talk down in the forum!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hi all, my name is Clara. I am interested in growing orchids, succulents, and vegetables. I currently have one golden orchid but am looking for several more. Would love to learn more about the basics of how to pick out good soil, fertilizer, and properly care for seasonal vegetables like tomatoes, corn, and lettuce. My past experience in gardening was with taking care of florals such as irises and petunias. Learning to care for vegetables will be a new challenge so glad to learn from you more veggie inclined gardeners. Talk down in the forum!
You seem to know what you're in for. I think the main difference I've noticed between flower and herb gardening and veggie gardening is that veggies generally require more energy because they're creating greater concentrations of sugars. They always need tons of light and usually need pretty rich soil, though not necessarily, especially with nitrogen fixers like legumes.

Ask a Question