Hello

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi , I am from Lancashire UK . I grow many plants - lots of perennials - fruit - bit of veg - lots of bedding plants and many tender perennials. Most of my attention goes on the herbaceous perennials borders.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Sheal , I went to the qualifying laps a few years ago, Nutters the lot of them ;). Didn't go on the bike unfortunately, maybe another year though.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Nutters the lot of them

You're probably right. My son has always said if you have any fear then you shouldn't be on a bike - and I don't think the competitors have. :)

I'll miss the bikes this year. I lived there for 24 years and moved here to Scotland last September.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
See to see you on your page Perki. Hopefully, from now on, I will have alerts .. It's nice to see we all have got a homepage .. Brilliant!

Wait till you see Perki's borders, Sheal! You would think it a snapshot from stately homes or RHS gardens..

Perki: Why don't you share your joy and pride here .. I'm sure Sheal would like to find out what thrives in Lancashire!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if I already said it but warm welcome perki :)
What a bike ;)
Tender perennials for me too

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Hello to all of you. Nice to see that we transcend the difficulty of different time zones! Amazing technologies!

I think I might have said Welcome to Perki! BUT BIG WELCOME AGAIN!

Johnny: Doing any gardening today? We have 16C here. Probably 18 where I live, but mitigated by winds. I didn't even know that I left my cucumber outside for 2 nights. Lordy, they are still here though.. So many trays, so many seeds, only one thick head...LOL!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
4b
Country
Canada
Hi Alp,
I think it might rain this afternoon. I raked all the pine cones into piles yesterday and I need to bag them and put them in the back of my truck before the rain starts. I need to empty my GH and wash it down with water and bleach and then rearrange the shelving properly. I'm potting on my Petunia seedlings and I need them up high in the GH for the first bit. I want to go through my cold room and see what bulbs I can plant in pots right now.
Now this may all go up in smoke if I feel like taking off somewhere on my bike.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Yes, I know why up in the GH, for maxi light! I did that to my geranium as well. A lot to do, no wonder you want to bunk off! LOL! That's what I'm doing now. Too much to do - can't get to anywhere - too many things, so BUNK OFF! LOL!

Ask a Question