Hello from west virginia!

Reaction score
Hello from West Virginia!
Now that I have enjoyed a merry holiday season and a happy new year, I find myself pining for the first crocuses of spring.
In mid to late January, I typically enjoy seeing the first sprouts of the crocuses and tulips that I have forced to grow indoors. A container of spring flowers most certainly brightens up a frosty windowsill!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums, SproutSprite! I think the sprites have been at work early this year - I noticed the first sprouts poking through yesterday!

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
welcome sprout and hope you can post pics .This is the first year my amyrilis has not bloomed by christmas after 5 years and not sure why it must be getting lazy LOL :)

Reaction score
Hello Sissy!
I tried my hand at posting an image in a sunflower thread. It turned out nice! I will be posting photos of my forced bulb sprouts when they appear. My Avatar is a close up of a familiar spring flower. ;)

I had a beautiful orange amaryllis years ago. It was destroyed in a cat-related incident.
What color is your 'sleeping' amaryllis?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
it is the red one and no signs yet of a center stalk .The bulb is huge now after all these years .I keep it out on my front porch all summer and then bring it in a give it a little miracle grow .Cat incident huh :)poor kitty knocked it over

Reaction score
Poor kitty thought the pot was a litter pan.:confused: One might imagine this would enrich the soil but, there was an issue of overuse. Too much digging and knocking it over constantly disturbed the roots I think.

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
We've met on a different thread but
welcome.gif
anyway:D

Ask a Question