Hello from utah.

Reaction score
Hello! I am a future small scale farmer that loves to get in the dirt and get something out of it. My goal is to be organic, and know where my food came from and what it has been through. Right now I live on a tiny lot and we are doing as much as we can with it. This year we had a lot of tomatoes and an apple tree that went crazy. Next year I am hopeful to start an herb garden and dig out some grass to get more food production going.

I love to can and dehydrate the food from my garden so I can enjoy it all year round. If I had the knowledge and power I would only go to the store once a year for the necessities I cant create on my own.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there and welcome to the forums! :)

Reaction score
We have looked for property in Southern Idaho. Utah is somewhat overpriced when you are just looking for dirt. We are pricing lots right now and looking for our forever home. We may be neighbors one day :).

Reaction score
Well, dirt is pretty cheap right now in my neck of the woods, would love to have a new neighbor! There was a beautiful big stick built house on either 3 or 5 acres that was maybe 5 years old that sold for 130,000 last year, I about had a heart attack! It would have sold well over 100,000 more before the market crashed. Only problem here is jobs, you have to commute to work, I commute 80 miles a day.

Reaction score
80 miles a day much kill you with the current gas prices. My Hubby goes 30 miles a day and it still feels like a fortune. I havent figured out that part of the plan yet. Its one of the downsides to living far away from things, the commute to get anywhere.

Reaction score
We have a commuter van that I ride, it saves me a TON! Plus if you have a good economical car, our car gets 38 mpg so that helps, but the husband uses that, so I ride the van since we don't go to the same place.

Ask a Question