Hello from the Pocono Mountains

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
My name is Jim, and I live on the very outskirts of Stroudsburg, PA. I have been a member of this forum's sister site, Garden Pond Forum, for about 6 months now. In addition to a small garden pond and flower & veggie gardens, I have a Sunshine Gardenhouse, Mt. Rainier 8 x 16 redwood and double wall polycarbonate greenhouse that we put together late in the Spring of 2016. (pictured in my avatar) I am happy to say, this is the first year I bought no plants from the local nursery but started all my flowers and veggies from seed. I would like to use our greenhouse for as many months as I can, not just a seed starting house. So, my main interest that brought me over hear is about getting my greenhouse better sealed and insulated and searching and learning about alternative heat sources. I have done a lot of reading and watched a bunch of YouTube vids on the subject, but there is nothing like discussing it with real folks. Looking forward to being here.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
smiley seed.gif
Welcome to the forums Jim! The theme of the photo contest for September Is "water features". Maybe you would like to enter a photo of your pond?

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Welcome to the forums! You live in a gorgeous part of the country--we vacationed in that vicinity when we lived in upstate NY.
Sorry I can't help with the greenhouse questions--but I will look forward to hearing about your plants, and perhaps seeing photos of the greenhouse in action.

Ask a Question