Hello from Southwest Ohio

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello, I figured I should introduce myself. I am 59 years old, I've been helping in the garden since I was 9 or 10. I grew up in the Appalachian mountains of West Virginia. In my teen years our family grew, raised, gathered or hunted 60% of our food. A lot of the rest of the food was paid for with money from mainly sweet corn and green beans that we sold. Gardening is just bred into me. At times when I didn't have room for a proper garden I grew stuff like squash cabbage and tomatoes in flower beds along the house. I have a 40x60 garden right at the moment. Electric fence around it to keep critters out including my own dogs. I garden more to keep myself sane than anything else anymore. I also like to mess with two wheel tractors/walking tractors. And at the present have a Grillo g85d with a tiller attachment and a Zanon mower deck and a Gravely professional 12 with finish mower deck, bush hog deck, snow blade and I'm just recently come across the rotary plow to fit it. To pay for this I'm a maintenance plumber in a level one trauma Center I started my apprenticeship in 1986 so I've been doing it a while

Edited to add I live in Ohio but can be in Kentucky or Indiana in less than a 20 minute drive

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @plumberroy and welcome to our forums. What a brilliant introduction (y) we'll all be feeling like we've known you all our lives now. I daresay you will be able to help with answering some of the questions that come up :happy:

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum :) Brilliant intro (y)

Ask a Question