Hello from SoCal

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
10a
Country
United States
Hello everyone!

I'm an old dog trying to make it in a world of puppies

I'm not sure why I never looked before and joined a Gardening Forum, so here I am. I live with my wife of 41 years in Southern California in a typical single story home on a 10,000 sq.ft. lot. Over the years I have landscaped the back with different areas to enjoy. We have an outdoor kitchen and patio surrounded by heavenly bamboo which we keep "infested" year round with fireflies (fireflymagic.com). We have a Zen garden that includes a small waterfall & pond, an above ground formal turtle pond, a small bog garden, a small pet remembrance garden, and of course a pumpkin patch!

We have a cherry tree (full of cherries), an apple tree (really it's a squirrel feeder), a lemon tree). Right now we're also growing tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, jalapenos, blackberries and white onions.

My favorite television show is Gardening By The Yard with Paul James, The Gardening Guy.

I'm looking forward to meeting everyone, sharing thoughts and stealing, I mean getting new ideas.

Ask a Question