Hello from Ohio!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Hi, I'm Cammy! I recently moved into my grandma's old house with my mother, and I'm very passionate about nature and plants! My grandmother was never really much of a gardener, so as a result, the back and front yard have little to no plants. I really want to fill the space with all kinds of plants, both for beauty and because I'm wanting to learn more about how to make herbal medicine and teas. However, because we have limited money right now, I'm going to try to get into propagation. I'm hoping I can find some people near me that would be willing let me propagate from some of their plants. But for now, I'm more focused on planning and making a list of all the plants I would like. I'm sure I'll have many questions, and I will hopefully be able to answer some of yours. I hope to become good friends with many of you! Thank you for reading this, and have a beautiful day!

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum I am from Cleveland and now live in the DC area which is warmer. I look for people rehabing their gardens during the spring. The plants most people will just throw out can be replanted in your yard, they are free and you are saving a plant.

Reaction score
HI Cammy! I also have ''wisteria dreams'' ;) Love your username, I had never said that to anyone on here before, but I truly love your username =D Anyways, I just wanted to welcome to the forum, I am sure you will have lots of fun on here and find a lot useful info :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum. Talk to your neighbors and see what they may have to share with you, lots of my plants are ones people don't want any more or some one just wanted to share,I have a few that I picked out of the trash while walking the dog :sneaky:

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Cammy, you are certainly on the right track for a new gardener! Welcome, and we'll help you realize your gardening dreams if we can.
If you are unfamiliar with propagating methods, and which plants lend themselves to a certain method, try finding a book at your local library that can get you started.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Ester Knapicius - Thank you! I live in the Akron/Canton area.
Trellum - Thank you so much! I'm absolutely obsessed with wisteria, and the many beautiful ways you can place the vines to make beautiful designs! I love your beautiful profile pic!:)
marlingardener - I have a few very detailed books that I got from the library, so I'm gonna see if I can get them used online to try to save some money. Thanks bunches!

Ask a Question