Hello from Norway!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
Norway
I am an American living in the North of Norway, zone 7 I believe. My husband and I have inherited a small farm on a fjord. Very beautiful! The house and property need much love. I am from California originally and have no idea how to manage a gargen in this climate. I am hoping for some tips from any of y'all here that might have more experience in the cooler climates :)
-Carla

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome Carla, that's a lovely name but I'm biased as it happens to be my daughter's name. :)

A beautiful country and I know a little about the climate having toured there. The name of the area you're living in would help please, perhaps the city closest to you.

alp

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
United Kingdom
Warm Welcome to the forum, @Carla !

a polytunnel might help!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
Norway
Welcome Carla, that's a lovely name but I'm biased as it happens to be my daughter's name. :)

A beautiful country and I know a little about the climate having toured there. The name of the area you're living in would help please, perhaps the city closest to you.
Carla is a great name ;) So, I live near Tromsø, which is 69 degrees north. It is pretty mild as we are on the coast. Still, a far cry from the Northern valley of California!!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forums :)

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Carla, welcome! We are now on a small farm in central Texas (zone 8b) but gardened in upstate New York for years (zone 6b). Learning to adapt is interesting, and a long-time project.
Take a look at gardens near you, ask questions of gardeners, and don't get discouraged by a few failures.
You are going to do well with your new house and property. Keep us posted on your progress, and ask any questions you may have.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
I live near Tromsø, which is 69 degrees north. It is pretty mild as we are on the coast.

I visited Tromso and know temperatures there aren't extreme winter or summer but summer is short and quite a bit cooler. Starting a thread of your own would be a good idea so that members can help you out along the way. Photo's are also a bonus and will give us an idea of the plants that are already established in your garden. They will also give us further information on your climate and promote plant suggestions for the future should you want to make changes. :)

Ask a Question