Hello from Nicaragua Central America

Reaction score
Country
Nicaragua
Hello from Nicaragua Central America.

Originally from southern Louisiana, but now living in the mountains of Nicaragua.

I’ve got tons of questions. The farmers almanac doesn’t quite apply to the area I live.

I plan on building a fairly large greenhouse to grow vegetables. The soil is very fertile where I live. The greenhouse will most likely be fitted with a sprinkler system. I have a well on my property and home and everything on the property is on solar power.

I’m also in the process of planting dozens and dozens of different varieties of fruit trees.

My experience is doing small gardens back in southern Louisiana planting during the spring.

I’m trying to make this project into a lifestyle change and to have less dependence on the grocery store and to know what is going into my foods.

Please direct me to the area of this forum where I may get the help needed as I am starting from scratch.

Thanks in advance!!

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the Forum.

It sounds like you have wonderful plans for growing produce. I look forward to hearing about your challenges and successes with gardening in a tropical climate.

RiyaSingh

“Kill two birds with one stone.”
Reaction score
Country
India
Hi, glad to meet you all here from different parts of the world!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Hello, I'm new too! I admire your farm-to-table aspirations. I hope to be at a place in my life where I can achieve that as well, soon enough.

Ask a Question