Hello from New England (Boston area)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
I'm new to gardening, but totally hooked. Here to learn the tricks of the trade and for moral support when it all goes wrong haha. I live in the Boston area, I think I'm in zone 6a? At any rate, I had my first vegetable garden last year and it was pretty successful, with the exception of some hot peppers. I started late, so I had to get plants which had already been started. This year though, I want to start early and from seeds.

Wish me luck!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Hello and welcome to the forum! Great to have you here :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome hjsullivan.:) You'll definitely get the support you need here, members are friendly and always willing to help. Growing from seed can sometimes be challenging but it's worth the effort and it's my favourite part of gardening.

Pat

Reaction score
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum. Gardening does take some planning but well worth it.

Reaction score
Country
United States
@hjsullivan Allow me to wish you luck and may your gardening be filled with tired days, but days well worth it. May your gardening bring you many blessings in lovely flowers, beautiful lawns and fine fruit(y). I just recently joined this forum, compared to many who have been before me. You will find it to be fun, interesting and highly informative too. These people are warm and very caring. I look forward to sharing with you. All the best.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
I'm every excited to chat it up with you guys throughout my gardening adventures :D

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
5a
Country
United States
Hello! I grew up in Massachusetts! Lovely area. Welcome to the forum!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Japan
Hey there and welcome! I'm relatively new to it all too - got really inspired a few years back and have just carried on with it ever since! It's addictive, I think! Glad to have you here with us!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
Country
United States
Welcome to the forum, its nice to see some one else for Ma. I'm on the other side of the state. Enjoy your garden it will help take the stress out of your life

Reaction score
Welcome to the forums :) Glad to have you join us, and don't worry, if you got any questions don't hesitate to ask us; we are a really friendly community filled with a lot knowledgeable people always willing to help :)

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
A warm welcome to you hj, i'm glad to hear you are prepared for things going wrong. Gardening is famous for that...it is a grand experiment no matter how extensive the knowledge because we never know what Mother Nature is going to do next. Most of the gardeners i know are very funny people with great senses of humor. I think it just comes with the territory:ROFLMAO: Looking forward to finding you are the forums. I'm actually newer than you, signed up a day or two ago and already finding so many things about this forum that are both fun and informative.

Ask a Question