Hello from Missouri

Reaction score
Hello. I'm a gardener wanna be right now. I have two very energetic little boys so I haven't had much time for gardening recently. I grew up with a huge amount of gardening all around me that I helped maintain. My family had about an acre vegetable garden and my mom had lots and lots of flower beds plus an attic greenhouse full of house plants. It was our job to carry those houseplants downstairs to spend the summer outside and then back up the stairs for the winter. I can't wait to have enough time to spend gardening again.

Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Country
United States
Welcome! Those two energetic little boys--think of them as close-to-the-ground weeders, watering can toters, and carrot pullers! You have such a wonderful chance to introduce those boys to the wonders of gardening (while getting a bit of work done!).
Looking forward to reading your posts.

Reaction score
These two little boys are ADHD so getting them to focus long enough to pull the right weeds is difficult. Probably the bigger reason we don't have a garden is time. In the summer we love to travel so our garden would suffer badly during the weeks or even months that we are gone. I do need to get them started with some gardening though. I know that they would enjoy it. Now that they are getting better about helping take care of the dog I think they might be able to help care for some indoor plants.

Reaction score
Hello there :) I just wanted to say hi and take the time to offer you a really warm welcome to our forum :) I hope you like it here and find the forum useful! It's great you are going to have more time to garden soon, what a better way to spend that extra spare time on here too; learning more about gardening and plants. I swear I have learnt a lot around here as well, I'm sure you will too!

zigs

Cactus Grower, Kent.
Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to Gardening Forums

Ask a Question