Hello from Kamloops, British Columbia!

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Hello! I wanted to introduce myself before I start posting here. My name is Rachel and I am a young gardener who is getting a lot more involved in our yard and gardens this year! I am looking forward to the upcoming season and have a lot planned for myself and my guardians. Up until recently, I have always been one to enjoy reaping the benefits of our outdoor space, but one of my goals for the future is to spend more time outdoors and with my animals. Some of my hopes for this gardening season is to:
1) Focus on attracting more pollinators like Hummingbirds, bees, and butterflies.
2) Focus on growing more cut flowers for longer lasting floral arrangements.
3) Care for my indoor plants and help them benefit from the rainwater and natural light in the spring and summer.
4) Try to use the entire plant- eg, carrot greens, beet greens, broccoli leaves, etc. (A lot will be going towards feeding my parrots)

I'm hoping that by sharing my goals it will help me feel more inclined and motivated to actually achieve them!
(PS, does anyone have any signature ideas I could use? I can't think of any.) Thanks!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum @RachelM :) How about this
1609672953431.png

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
8a
Country
United Kingdom
Welcome RachelM. I recognise the name of your area. My daughter lives about 200 miles south of Kamloops. Enjoy your gardening this coming year. :)

Ask a Question