Hello from Italy

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
9b
Country
Italy
Hi there! I’ve been looking for a gardening forum and I have chosen this one because it looks excellent. I really like the graphics, the accurate division by topics and above all the international and kind community.
I am an absolute neophyte gardener, so I have many questions in mind and look forward to reading your answers. Honestly I don't even have a garden, but two small balconies on which I want to grow many plants that I'd love to plant in the streets and public parks of my area. Perhaps it's too early to talk about it, but it's not something I plan to do in a month. I will need time, information, tips and so on..that's why I'm here :)
Happy to be here to learn from you!

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
7b
Country
United States
Welcome Fagiolino. This will be fun to have you join us and let us know what is growing in Italy. If I were just starting out with limited space I would start a container herb garden.

Reaction score
Hardiness Zone
USDA Zone 11
Country
Mexico
Welcome to the forums @Fagiolino :happy: You will find here people growing on balconies, on roof tops, on kitchen tables, in all the nooks and crannies and in all parts of the world and we enjoy talking gardening and every thing else under the sun. I look forward to seeing you on the forums. I see that Rome is temperate year around and should be a wonderful place for growing a wide variety of plants.(y)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Showcase(s):
Hardiness Zone
6a
Country
United States
graphics-welcome-349622.gif

You picked the best gardening forum! There are many good folks here willing to help out. I remember when I lived in an apartment in NYC. It was on the ground floor at the back of the building. I had a little space of concrete, but I grew a lot of flowers.

Ask a Question